Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Troiku Challenge #1 "The Old Pond" (Basho)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I have another nice Troiku for you. It's based on that famous haiku by Matsuo Basho (1644-1694)

the old pond
frog jumps in
sound of water


© Basho


This very nice and unique haiku by Basho inspired me to write a Troiku which I love to share here with you all:


the old pond
frog jumps in
sound of water
the old pond -
the scent of the Lotus
overwhelms me
frog jumps in
the sound of rain far away
thunder and lightning


sound of water
dripping from the gutter
after the hurricane


© Chèvrefeuille
It has become a nice Troiku I think, but maybe you can make a Troiku too with this same haiku by Basho. And that's the goal of this episode of Carpe Diem Troiku World ... create a Troiku from the haiku by Basho

the old pond
frog jumps in
sound of water


© Basho


You can respond on this episode until October14 th at noon (CET). I am looking forward to your responses on this Troiku Challenge.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment